Duyuru

Çöküş
Henüz duyuru yok

History of Beşiktaş

Çöküş
X
 
  • Filtrele
  • Zaman
  • Göster
Hepsini Sil
yeni mesajlar

    History of Beşiktaş

    Founding Years:
    During the fall of 1902, a group of 22 youngsters gathered in the garden of Madina Guard Osman Pasha’s mansion located in Serencebey, Beşiktaş on certain days of the week and practiced gymnastics. Led by Osman Pasha’s sons Mehmet Şamil and Hüseyin Bereket, the group, which included well-known neighborhood boys such as Ahmet Fetgari, Mehmet Ali Fetgeri, Nazımnazif Cemil Feti and Şevket Bey, was also interested in wrestling and weightlifting. But at that time, all public gatherings were strictly banned by the Sultan Abdul Hamid II for political reasons. When the Sultan heard of what was taking place in Serencebey, he ordered his special forces to raid the mansion, and the practicing youngsters were soon taken to the nearest police station. Luckily, since most boys were close to the Palace and did not actually engaged in playing football, a forbidden sport at that time, they were let go without being charged and allowed to carry on. Furthermore, in the following days, the sultan’s own son Abdülhalim publicly announced his backing of the boys and attended the practice sessions in person frequently. The famous Turkish boxer and wrestler Kenan Bey also started training the boys on a regular basis.

    Bereket Gymnastics Club was founded in March 1903 under a special permission from the authorities. After the declaration of constitutional monarchy in 1908, the restrictions on sports were eased considerably. Following the political events of March 31, 1909, Fuat Balkan and Mazhar Kazancı came to Istanbul from Edirne City with the Ottoman Movement Army. After the restoration of political order, Fuat Balkan, a proven fencing coach, and Mazhar Kazancı, a good wrestler and weightlifter, found the boys in Serencebey and succeeded in persuading them to train together. Fuat Balkan allowed the first floor of his house in Ihlamur, Beşiktaş to be used as club headquarters, and the title of Bereket Gymnastics Club was changed to Beşiktaş Ottoman Gymnastics Club. Thus, a sports club with gymnastics, track & field, wrestling, boxing, and fencing sections was founded. Refik and Şerafettin Begs, friends of Fuat Bey, were prominent fencers.

    With the support of Beyoğlu Governor Muhittin Bey, Beşiktaş Ottoman Gymnastics Club became the first registered Turkish sports club on January 13, 1910. The interest among local youths in the club grew rapidly, and the number of members actively engaged in club activities went up to 150. The club headquarters eventually was moved from Ihlamur to the larger building, no. 49, in Akaretler. When this building was too small to serve the needs of the club after a while; the building, no. 84, again in Akaretler, became new headquarters. The yard behind this building was turned into a sports pitch.

    BEŞİKTAŞ JK's FIRST CREST AND COLOURS
    For years, the original colours of the Beşiktaş were believed to be Red and White; and then temporarily changed into Black and White as a sign of mourning for the dead in Balkan Wars, which included some players of the club. Although most written sources endorse this claim, a detailed study carried out for Beşiktaş’s 100th anniversary documentary had shown that red was never used in club’s first colors; and Beşiktaş’s colours were always Black and White. The 100th Anniversary documentary produced by Mr. Tuğrul Yenidoğan, has put an end to further arguments on the subject once and for all.

    Since, at the beginning, only individual sports were being practiced in the Osman Pasha Mansion, there was no need for team colours or uniform. However, as the number of active sportsmen increased each passing day; Mehmet Şamil Bey, who had graduated from a well-known French school, asked the Founders Committee to hold a meeting on finding a badge for the club. He removed the pin badge he used in his school days bearing the colours of his school from his lapel and showed it around. He said, “We must have a crest just like this one, and all club members must wear it.” Those attending the meeting eagerly agreed to Mehmet Şamil Bey’s proposal. At the end of the meeting, the colours of the Club to be shown on the crest were decided. The two principal colors of nature in full contrast to each other were chosen as the Club colours: Black and White…

    The date Beşiktaş’s crest inspired by the pins of a French school has carried the date of “1906,” the year of its first issue, in Latin. At the top, the word “Beşiktaş” was written in Arabic, with the letter “J” on the right and the letter “K” on the left. The inscription at the back of the shows that it was made in “Konstantinopolis,” and the seal of the craftsman who made the crest is placed in the middle. It is interesting that the star on the crest on the pin has six points. This six-pointed star had been used until the Second Constitutional Monarchy in 1908. The original crest was presented to our Honorary Chairman Süleyman Seba by Iskender Yakak.
    En son düzenleyen Volkan Kırmızı; 28-04-2014, 19:17.

    #2
    THE LEGEND of BLACK EAGLES
    The title holder of the past two seasons, Beşiktaş started the 1940-41 season with a young and renewed team. As weeks went by, the Black and White had built up a sizeable lead over the other teams and were sitting alone atop the league table. Five weeks remaining to the end of season, the opponent was Süleymaniye. Beşiktaş had started the match, which was played at Şeref Stadium on Sunday January 19, 1941and refereed by Semih Turansoy with a lineup consisting of Faruk, Yavuz, İbrahim, Rıfat, Halil, Hüseyin, Şakir, Hakkı, Şükrü, Şeref, and Eşref. As in all games of that season, our team played magnificently. Half way through the second half, despite being comfortably ahead, Beşiktaş attacked endlessly from both flanks to the delight of their fans. Then, a voice was heard from the section of Şeref Stadium towards which Beşiktaş was attacking, “Come on Black Eagles… Attack Black Eagles...” Thousands of fans and journalists following the game that filled the Şeref Stadium were frozen by the echoing sound. Everyon had agreed that the observation was right on target. It was not possible to describe the Beşiktaş players who crushed over their opponents that season as nothing other than “Black Eagles,” and the type of football they played as nothing other than “Attacking Black Eagles.” The owner of the voice coming from the stands was a fisherman called Mehmet Galin.

    Beşiktaş won the game 6-0 lead with 3 volley goals from Şeref Görkey, who was known as “Şeref the Volleyer” and one goal each from Captain Hakkı, Şakir and Şükrü.

    After this game, Beşiktaş’s symbol has become “Black Eagles.”
    En son düzenleyen Volkan Kırmızı; 28-04-2014, 19:16.

    Yorum Yap


      #3
      BEŞİKTAŞ and FOOTBALL
      Although football was overshadowed by other sports in the early period, starting from late 1910s, the athletes and the gymnasts of the Club began to show more interest in football and played matches among themselves. In those years, the interest of the youth was about to shift to football, and two local clubs, known as Valideçeşme and Basiret, were formed not too far away from the Beşiktaş Club. In August 1911, Ahmet Şerafettin Bey (Şeref Bey), the Chairman and Founder of Valideçeşme Football Club, joined Beşiktaş with his players. As a result of the attempts by Şeref Bey, who was trying to bring all local football clubs under one roof, Basiret Club joined Beşiktaş as well. Thus, a football section had started operating officially within the Club.


      All material needs of Beşiktaş’s first football team, which was made up of Resul, Rıdvan, Behzat, Doctor Sabri, Poet Kazım, Sadi (Baltalimanı), Doctor Mehmet, Asım, Şeref, Doctor Ali and Fahri, were met by an ardent club supporter named İpekçi İhsan. In addition to seniors, the section went on to form three more teams and started holding regular trainings in the garden of the Club building in Akaretler. Consequently, football had become the main activity of the Club. However, the devastating Balkan Wars of 1912 - 1913 and the ensuing World War I had a profound impact on Turkish sports and would slow down the club’s development significantly.

      Yorum Yap


        #4
        WAR YEARS
        With the ending of the World War I, surviving sportsmen began to come back to Beşiktaş one by one. Şerey Bey, the founder of football section, also returned from the Romanian front. It was not easy to keep the club running during the occupation of Istanbul. The materials and documents of the club hidden in a nearby church were later taken to a building in Akaretler to prevent them from being plundered by the invading Greeks. While Beşiktaş were secretly engaged in the National Resistance efforts against the Allied Forces, Şeref Bey managed to rebuild the club’s football team.

        At that time, the Istanbul Friday League included teams such as Fenerbahçe, Galatasaray, Altınordu, Süleymaniye and İdman Yurdu. Although the Black and White had never played the future cross-town rivals Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray before 1920s, they had beaten Süleymaniye and İdman Yurdu several times. The 1919 applications of Beşiktaş and other local teams to join the Friday League were subsequently rejected by the Admissions Committee, after a long wait. Meanwhile, a separate league called Istanbul Sunday League was taking place among the minority teams of Pera, Araks, Maccabi, Stella, and Strugglers. But all these would not deter Şeref Bey from forming the ten-team Turkish Training Union League with the directors of other rejected teams. Following a draw, while Beşiktaş, Hilal, Kumkapı, Altınörs and Türkgücü were placed in Group A, Darüşşafaka, Vefa, Üsküdar, Beylerbeyi and Haliç would compete in Group-B.

        After winning all group matches, the Black Eagles played the other group winner Darüşşafaka in the final on July 23, 1920 and ran out 2-1 victors to claim their first-ever league title.

        Yorum Yap


          #5
          FOUNDERS OF BEŞİKTAŞ
          Ahmet Fetgeri (Aşeni), Mehmet Ali Fetgeri (Aşeni), Osman Paşazade Mehmet Şamil (Şhaplı), Hüseyin Bereket, Kadızade Nazım Nazif (Ander) and a group of twenty unnamed youngsters are the principal founders of Beşiktaş Gymanstics Club. Nearly all founders have a Caucasian origin. While Ahmet and Mehmet Ali Fetgeri brothers came from a royal Georgian family, Mehmet Şamil and Hüseyin Bereket descended from the Legendary Imam Shamil of Dagestan.

          Yorum Yap


            #6
            CLUB PRESIDENTS

            M. Şamil Şhaplı holds the honor of serving as our first Chairman between 1903 -1908.

            PAST BEŞİKTAŞ JK PRESIDENTS in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER

            1903-1908 Mehmet Şamil
            1908-1911 Şükrü Paşa
            1911-1918 Fuat Paşa
            1918-1923 Fuat Balkan
            1923-1924 Salih Bey
            1924-1926 Ahmet Fetgeri Aşeni
            1926-1928 Fuat Balkan
            1928-1930 Ahmet Fetgeri Aşeni
            1930-1932 Emin Şükrü Kunt
            1932-1935 A. Ziya Karamürsel
            1935-1938 Fuat Balkan
            1938-1939 A. Ziya Karamürsel
            1939-1941 Yusuf Ziya Erdem
            1941-1942 A. Ziya Karamürsel
            1942-1950 A. Ziya Kozanoğlu
            1950 Ekrem Amaç
            1950-1952 Salih Fuat Keçeci
            1952-1955 Abdullah Ziya Kozanoğlu
            1955-1956 Tahir Söğütlü
            1956-1957 Danyal Akbel
            1957- Ferhat Nasır
            1957-1958 Nuri Togay
            1958 Enver Kaya
            1959-1960 Nuri Togay
            1960-1963 Hakkı Yeten
            1963-1964 Selahattin Akel
            1964-1966 Hakkı Yeten
            1966-1967 Hasan Salman (June 17, 1966 - February 11, 1967)
            1967-1968 Hakkı Yeten
            1968-1969 Talat Asal
            1969-1970 Rüştü Erkuş (December 8, 1969 - January 26, 1970)
            1970 Nuri Togay (February 10, 1970 - March 29, 1970)
            1970-1971 Agasi Şen
            1971-1972 Himmet Ünlü
            1972-1973 Şekip Okçuoğlu (June 26, 1972 - January 13, 1973)
            1973-1977 Mehmet Üstünkaya
            1977-1979 Gazi Akınal
            1979 Hüseyin Cevahir (April 14, 1979 - May 20, 1979)
            1979–1980 Gazi Akınal (May 21, 1979 – September 27, 1980)
            1980-1981 Rıza Kumruoğlu (September 30, 1980 – March 28, 1981)
            1981-1984 Mehmet Üstünkaya
            1984-2000 Süleyman Seba
            2000-2004 Serdar Bilgili
            2004-2007 Yıldırım Demirören
            2007-2010 Yıldırım Demirören
            2010-2012 Yıldırım Demirören
            2012-2012 Yalçın Karadeniz
            2012-2013 Fikret Orman
            2013- Fikret Orman

            Yorum Yap

            Hazırlanıyor...
            X