??k?ş
X

• Filtrele
  • Zaman
  • göster
Hepsini Sil
yeni mesajlar

Arsenal survive Be?ikta? Storm in ?stanbul

Arsenal head for the home leg of their Champions League playoff against Be?ikta? with their hopes intact after surviving the test of a raucous Istanbul crowd and hugely energised opponents to leave Turkey with a goalless draw.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger acknowledged that his side?s goalless draw was a fair result for a ?difficult? game. On the return leg in London, he said: ?Maybe a draw is a fair result as both teams had chances to win the game. We know that Be?ikta? are a good team, we know the game will be tight, but the task is clear."

The prospect of entry into the lucrative group stages of the Champions League energised Be?ikta?, who came third in the Turkish league last season under Croatian manager Slaven Bilic.

Helped by the noisy, partisan home crowd, Be?ikta? caused the London side trouble from the start with new signing Demba Ba a potent threat.

Be?ikta? had no problem creating chances but failed to land the clinical blow in front of goal that could have left Arsenal?s early season in tatters. But in a testy second half that lacked the sparkle of the first, Arsenal could also make no headway past the solid Be?ikta? defence and the Istanbul side scrambled to thwart English attacks before heading out on the break.

Bilic was himself sent to the stands in the dying minutes for protesting at a failure to penalise an Arsenal player for a foul on one of his team but expressed satisfaction with the result. ?It was a great game of football; it was not a dull 0-0. I am really proud of my players, they stuck to their plan,? Bilic said. ?From my point of view we were closer to beating them.? Bilic expressed optimism that his side could spring an upset on the return leg in London. ?If we play like this we are capable to creating chances against any team,? he said. ?We are going to go to London not just for shopping in Harrods but we are going to go to fulfil ? some would say our dream ? I would say our plan.? Bilic said he had apologised to the referee at the end of the game for the argument that saw him sent off but insisted he had not misbehaved. ?It was not swearing, I was just unhappy and after the game I apologised. Maybe I over-reacted, my mistake, nothing serious happened,? he said.
Hazırlanıyor...
X